WESTFIELD, Mass. – The Worcester State University women's outdoor track & field team saw a great deal of personal records enroute to a second place finish at the Gravel Classic, hosted by Westfield State, on Saturday.
April 14, 2018
Gerry Gravel Classic
1st Place: Westfield State (137)
2nd Place: Worcester State (104)
3rd Place: Utica (101)
4th Place: Bridgewater State (85)
5th Place: UMass Dartmouth (73)
6th Place: American International (56)
7th Place: Castleton (23)
WORCESTER STATE TOP PERFORMERS
- Kelsey Bedard – 1st Place in 1500 Meter Run (5:00.20)
- Hannah LoChiatto – 1st Place in High Jump (1.61m/5' 3.25")
- Bernice Mensah – 1st Place in Triple Jump (11.12m./36' 5.75"), 2nd Place in 200 Meter Dash (27.23), 3rd Place in 100 Meter Dash (13.12)
- Stephanie McFadries – 1st Place in Javelin Throw (40.46m/132' 9"), 10th Place in Discus Throw (30.50,/100' 1")
- Abigail Danso – 2nd Place in 100 Meter Hurdles (15.58), 4th Place in 200 Meter Dash (27.30)
- Rachel Stier – 2nd Place in 400 Meter Dash (1:00.71), 11th Place in 200 Meter Dash (28.19)
- 4x400 Meter Relay – 2nd Place (4:14.97) (Emily Finnegan, Rachel Stier, Brenda Thomas, Hannah LoChiatto)
- Asgerdur Jana Agustsdottir – 3rd Place in 100 Meter Hurdles (16.66), 5th Place in Javelin Throw (33.87m/111' 1")
- Justine Murdocca – 4th Place in 5000 Meter Run (19:22.32)
- Brenda Thomas – 4th Place in 400 Meter Dash (1:02.63)
- Amanda Gevry – 5th Place in 1500 Meter Run (5:11.14)
- Amanda Turner – 5th Place in 400 Meter Dash (1:03.57), 17th Place in 200 Meter Dash (29.05)
- Abigail MacGregor – 6th Place in 100 Meter Dash (13.31), 7th Place in 200 Meter Dash (27.70)
- Megan Rouillard – 6th Place in Hammer Throw (38.96m/127' 10"), 9th Place in Discus Throw (31.02m/101' 9")
The Worcester State University women's track & field team came in second of seven teams in attendance at the Gravel Invitational, hosted by Westfield State on Saturday.
Four Lancers took first place finishes in their respective events. Kelsey Bedard (Leominster, Mass.) earned a top finish in the 1500 meter run with a personal best time of 5:00.20 at the classic. Hannah LoChiatto (Harvard, Mass.) and Bernice Mensah (Worcester, Mass.) took home the high jump and triple jump top honors. LoChiatto qualified for Division III New England's with the jump of 1.61m (5' 3.25") and Mensah also PR'ed in the 100 meter dash in a time of 13.12 which was good for third place. Stephanie McFadries (Burlington, Mass.) won the javelin throw with a distance of 40.46m (132' 9") and marked a personal record in the discus throw at 30.50m (100' 0.75").
Abigail Danso (Worcester, Mass.) impressed in the 100 meter hurdles (15.58) for second place, while Rachel Stier (Mansfield, Mass.) took second in the 400 meter dash in a time of 1:00.71. Both qualified for Division III New England's in the events.
Asgerdur Jana Agustsdottir (Akureyi, Iceland) took third place in the 100 meter hurdles with a PR of 16.66, and fifth place in the javelin throw 33.87m (111' 1").
Justine Murdocca (Milford, Mass.) captured another personal best in the 5000 meter run at 19:22.32. Brenda Thomas (Worcester, Mass.) PR'ed in the 400 meter dash with a time of 1:02.63, Amanda Gevry (Oxford, Mass.) marked a personal best in the 1500 meter run (5:11.14), Amanda Turner (Windham, Maine) captured a personal record in the 400 meter (1:03.57).
Next weekend, the team travels to the Springfield Invitational.