SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – The Worcester State University women's outdoor track & field team saw success at the AIC Yellow Jacket Invitational on Saturday as three Lancers qualified for Division III New England's, and personal records were attained throughout the day.
April 7, 2018
AIC Yellow Jacket Invitational
John G. Hoyt '52 Track & Field Complex
No Team Scoring
WORCESTER STATE TOP PERFORMERS
- Asgerdur Jana Agustsdottir – 1st Place in 100 Meter Hurdles (16.29), 7th Place in Long Jump (5.08m/16' 8"), 14th Place in 200 Meters (27.69)
- Stephanie McFadries – 2nd Place in Javelin (40.56m/133' 1")
- Doreen Buabeng – 3rd Place in 100 Meters (12.89), 6th Place in 200 Meters (26.63)
- Justine Murdocca -3rd Place in 5000 Meters (19:25.32)
- Laura DelleChiaie – 5th Place in 5000 Meters (20:46.29)
- Courtney Guay – 6th Place in 800 Meters (2:33.38)
- Bernice Mensah – 6th Place in Long Jump (5.08m/16' 8")
- Megan Rouillard – 6th Place in Discus (31.29m/102' 8"), 8th Place in Hammer (39.69m/130' 2")
- Kendra Wynn – 6th Place in 5000 Meters (20:53.62)
- Kelsey Bedard – 9th Place in 1500 Meters (5:09.83)
- Hannah LoChiatto – 10th Place in 800 Meters (2:37.52)
- Emily Dickson – 10th Place in 5000 Meters (21:35.27)
- Carina Frontiero – 12th Place in Shot Put (9.63m/31' 7.25")
- Kayla Corcoran – 13th Place in 800 Meters (2:39.02)
Worcester State's rookie, Asgerdur Jana Agustsdottir (Akureyi, Iceland), logged a first place finish in the 100 meter hurdles in a time of 16.29 to qualify for Division III New England's in the event. She also competed in the long jump and 200 meter dash at the Yellow Jacket Invitational.
Junior javelin thrower Stephanie McFadries (Burlington, Mass.) and sophomore sprinter Doreen Buabeng (Worcester, Mass.) also qualified for Division III New England's in their respective events. McFadries came in second in the javelin with a distance of 40.56m (133' 1") while Buabeng placed third in the 100 meters (12.89). McFadries currently sits in the top-10 in the nation in the javelin.
Courtney Guay (Londonderry, N.H.), Bernice Mensah (Worcester, Mass.), Megan Rouillard (Barrington, N.H.), and Kendra Wynn (Chelmsford, Mass.) all captured sixth place in their respective events. Rouillard reached a personal best in the hammer throw with a distance of 39.69m (130' 2.5"). Kelsey Bedard (Leominster, Mass.) posted a personal best in the 1,500 (5:09.83).
The women's team will travel to Westfield State next weekend.