SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – After Worcester State University's freshman Asgerdur Jana Agustsdottir (Akureyri, Iceland) broke the Worcester State school record in both the pentathlon (3,425) and the high jump (1.69/5-06.50) on Friday, Worcester State's Abigail Danso (Worcester, Mass.) and Worcester State's relay teams had a personal record days at the final day of Division III New England's, hosted by Springfield College.
February 17, 2018
Division III New England Championships
- Williams (149)
- MIT (127)
- Middlebury (73)
- Tufts (52)
- Bowdoin (43)
- Coast Guard (39)
8. Wesleyan (34)
9. Southern Maine (26)
10. Bridgewater State (25)
17. Worcester State (12)
WORCESTER STATE PERFORMERS
- Asgerdur Jana Agustsdottir – 3rd Place in Pentathlon (3,425) – CLICK HERE FOR PENTATHLON RELEASE
- Abigail Danso – 5th Place in 60 Meter Hurdles (9.05), 15th Place in 200 Meter Dash (26.83)
- Bernice Mensah – 7th Place in Triple Jump (11.00m/36-01.25), 12th Place in Long Jump (5.08m/16-08.00) 23rd Place in 60 Meter Dash (8.13)
- Hannah LoChiatto – 14th Place in High Jump (1.55m/5-01.00)
- Doreen Buabeng – 21st Place in 60 Meter Dash (8.11)
- 4x400 Meter Relay – Amanda Turner, Abigail MacGregor, Brenda Thomas, Hannah LoChiatto – 17th Place (4:19.97)
- 4x800 Meter Relay – Kayla Corcoran, Courtney Guay, Kyra Siano, Sara McIsaac – 14th Place (10:10.99)
Agustsdottir led the team on Friday as she placed third in the pentathlon and broke two Worcester State school records in both the high jump (1.69m/5-06.50) and the pentathlon (3,425).
Danso had a great day for the Blue and Gold as she broke her record in the 60 meter hurdles with a time of 9.05 to place 5th in all of the Division III New England competition. She also had a PR in the 200 meter dash with a time of 26.83.
Worcester State's 4x400 meter and 4x800 meter relay teams also competed well and saw season-records in both. The 4x400 meter relay ran the track in a time of 4:19.97, while the 4x800 team ran the race in a time of 10:10.99.
The women's team will next compete on Saturday, March 3 at the Tufts Last Chance Meet.