MEDFORD, Mass. – On Saturday (Jan. 27) the Worcester State women's indoor track & field team took part in the Branwen Smith-King Invitational, hosted by Tufts University.
January 27, 2018
Branwen Smith-King Invitational
1st Place: Stonehill (173.33)
2nd Place: Wesleyan (90)
3rd Place: MIT (79)
4th Place: Amherst (77.33)
5th Place: Tufts (73)
6th Place: Assumption (53)
7th Place: Worcester State (34.33)
8th Place: Connecticut College (26)
9th Place: Newbury (23)
10th Place: Keene State (21)
11th Place: Wellesley (20)
12th Place: Fitchburg State (16)
13th Place: Regis (15)
14th Place: Brandeis (12)
15th Place: Plymouth State (6)
16th Place: Wentworth (2)
WORCESTER STATE TOP-PERFORMERS
- Hannah LoChiatto – Tied for 2nd Place in High Jump (1.59m/5-02.50)
- Abigail Danso – 3rd Place in 60 Meter Hurdles (9.20)
- Doreen Buabeng – 3rd Place in 60 Meter Dash (8.08), 11th Place in 200 Meter Dash (27.58)
- Bernice Mensah – 4th Place in 60 Meter Dash (8.14), 7th Place in 200 Meter Dash (27.26)
- Justine Murdocca – 11th Place in 5000 Meter Run (19:27.83)
- Abigail MacGregor – 12th Place in 60 Meter Dash (8.46), 17th Place in 200 Meter Dash (28.06)
- Courtney Guay – 13th Place in 800 Meter Run (2:31.70)
- Brenda Thomas – 14th Place in 400 Meter Dash (1:05.22)
- Kayla Corcoran – 15th Place in 800 Meter Run (2:33.71)
Worcester State's Hannah LoChiatto (Harvard, Mass.) once again was successful in the high jump, tying for 2nd place with a height of 1.59m/5-02.50 this weekend.
Abigail Danso (Worcester, Mass.) was a 3rd place finisher in the 60 Meter Hurdles in a time of 9.20.
Worcester State's duo of Doreen Buabeng (Worcester, Mass.) and Bernice Mensah (Worcester, Mass.) led the Lancer sin the sprints, as they came in 3rd and 4th places, respectively, in the 60 Meter Dash. Buabeng PR'ed in the 60 Meter Dash (8.08) and qualified for DIII New England's while Mensah earned a personal record in the 200 (27.26).
The Lancers' Justine Murdocca (Milford, Mass.) recorded a personal best in the 5000 Meter Run in a time of 19:27.83. She came in 11th place in today's meet.
Next week , those who qualified, will take part in the All New England Championships. Others will be competing at the Wesleyan Invitational on Saturday, Feb. 3.