MEDFORD, Mass. – The Worcester State University women's track & field performed at the Tufts Invite #1 on Saturday, notching one first place performance from Hannah LoChiatto (Harvard, Mass.) in the high jump and saw other great performances from Bernice Mensah (Worcester, Mass.), Abigail Danso (Worcester, Mass.), and Justine Murdocca (Milford, Mass.).
January 13, 2018
Tufts Invite #1
No Team Scoring
WORCESTER STATE TOP PERFORMERS
- Hannah LoChiatto – 1st Place in High Jump (1.59m-5.02.50), 11th Place in 400 Meter Dash (1:06.75)
- Bernice Mensah – 2nd Place in 60 Meter Dash (8.13), 3rd Place in Long Jump (5.11m/16-09.25), 3rd Place in Triple Jump (10.00m/32-09.75)
- Abigail Danso – 3rd Place in 60 Meter Hurdles (9.19), 7th Place in 200 Meter Dash (27.70), 9th Place in 60 Meter Dash (8.39)
- Justine Murdocca – 3rd Place in 5000 Meter Run (20:03.19), 12th Place in Mile Run (5:52.37)
- Doreen Buabeng – 4th Place in 60 Meter Dash (8.27), 11th Place in 200 Meter Dash (28.20)
- Emily Dickson – 5th Place in 5000 Meter Run (22:31.42)
- Kyra Siano – 6th Place in 1000 Meter Run (3:32.81)
- Megan Foley – 7th Place in 1000 Meter Run (3:37.22)
- Brenda Thomas – 8th Place in 400 Meter Dash (1:04.62), 16th Place in 200 Meter Dash (28.68)
- Courtney Guay – 8th Place in 800 Meter Run (2:30.53)
- Megan Rouillard – 8th Place in Weight Throw (12.41m/40-08.75), 16th Place in Shot Put (9.63m/31-07.25)
- Abigail MacGregor – 11th Place in 60 Meter Dash (8.44), 20th Place in 200 Meter Dash (29.09)
Worcester State University's Hannah LoChiatto (Harvard, Mass.) had a top performance in the high jump this afternoon as she recorded a height of 1.59. She also competed in the 400 Meter Dash, completing the dash in a time of 1:06.75.
Bernice Mensah (Worcester, Mass.) was a top performer in three events today, coming in second in the 60 Meter Dash, and third in both the long jump and triple jump. She has already qualified for Division III New England's in all three events at the UMass Boston Open and also the Husky Invitational in December.
Abigail Danso (Worcester, Mass.) had a personal record in the 60 Meter Hurdles today as she recorded a 9.19 time in the hurdles in the finals round, after logging a 9.31 time in the preliminaries. With this result, she is the first of her team to qualify for All-New England's in the indoor season. Danso already qualified for DIII New England's in the hurdles back in December at the UMass Boston Open.
Justine Murdocca (Milford, Mass.) marked a third place finish in the 5000 Meter Run today, but also reached a personal best in the mile run, finishing in a time of 5:52.37.
The team will regroup on Saturday (Jan. 20) to travel to the Springfield Invitational #2.