MIDDLETOWN, Conn. – The Worcester State University men's indoor track & field team saw three second place and two third place finishes at the Wesleyan Invitational Saturday afternoon.
February 3, 2018
Bacon Field House
WORCESTER STATE TOP PERFORMERS
- Marques Johnson – 2nd Place in 1000 Meters (2:39.57)
- Edward Boamah – 2nd Place in 200 Meters (22.97)
- Eddy Acuna – 2nd Place in Shot Put (15.28m/50-1.75), 9th Place in Weight Throw (12.88m/42-3.25)
- Markiesh Harmon – 3rd Place in Long Jump (6.43m/21-1.25), 10th Place in High Jump (1.83m/6-0-00)
- Anthony Christo – 3rd Place in Weight Throw (14.73m/48-4.00)
- Jeff Davis – 4th Place in 600 Meters (1:25.51)
- Ryan Connolly – 4th Place in Long Jump (6.23m/20-5.25), 13th Place in Triple Jump (12.10m/39-8.5)
- Devin Luce – 5th Place in Mile (4:35.41), 11th Place in 1000 Meters (2:46.68)
- Elijah Mawejje – 7th Place in High Jump (1.83m/6-0.00)
- Marc George – 8th Place in 600 Meters (1:26.85)
Worcester State's Marques Johnson (West Hartford, Conn.) earned a personal best in the 1000 Meter Run with a time of 2:39.57 this weekend. His previous best was at 2:42.32 which he marked this past December at the UMass Boston Winter Open.
Jeff Davis (Old Lyme, Conn.) also broke a personal record the 600 Meters, with a time of 1:25.51. With this result, he qualifies for Division III New England's.
Markiesh Harmon (Leominster, Mass.) led the Lancers in the jumps, marking a 3rd place finish in the long jump. Teammate Ryan Connolly (Braintree, Mass.) earned a personal record in the long jump (6.23/20-5.25) for a 4th place finish at the event.
In the throws, Eddy Acuna (Newton, Mass.) performed well marking a personal record in the shot put (15.28m/50-1.75) which was good for a 2nd place finish. He also competed in the weight throw and came in 9th place (12.88m/42-3.25).
Next Saturday (Feb. 10) both the men's and women's indoor track & field teams travel to Providence to take part in the MASCAC/Alliance Championships.