SALEM, Mass. – Worcester State University's Tim Drevitch (Oxford, N.J.) had a goal and an assist and Josh Reinstein (Woodland Hills, Calif.) made 18 saves as Worcester State extended its winning streak to five and shutout the Vikings of Salem State 4-0 in a Saturday afternoon Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference (MASCAC) matchup.
November 11, 2017
Score: Worcester State 4, Salem State 0
Records: Worcester State (5-0, 3-0 MASCAC) | Salem State (2-2, 1-2 MASCAC)
Worcester State took advantage of their only power-play opportunity in the first as Andy DeAngelis (Poughquag, N.Y.) put home a shot on an assist from Drevitch at 8:07 for a 1-0 Lancers' lead.
The Lancers put the game away in the third as Mitchell Purdie (Peterborough, Ont.) put home a rebound after a three-on-one breakaway eleven minutes in. Less than four minutes later Kyle Griffin (Marlboro, Mass.) iced the game as his shot deflected off the post an into the net for a 4-0 Worcester State lead.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- Worcester State's Drevitch and Moran each had two points apiece in the win. Drevitch notched a goal and an assist, while Moran logged two assists.
- Worcester State's Reinstein advances to 4-0 on the season with the shutout.
- Jason Pucciarelli (Newmarket, Ont.) made 24 saves for the Vikings in the setback.
- The Lancers outshot the Vikings 28-18.
- Worcester State went 2-for-3 on power plays, while the Vikings went 0-for-4.
The Lancers are back on the road next week as they travel to Westfield State on Saturday, Nov. 18.