FRAMINGHAM, Mass. – Worcester State University's junior forward, Michaila Parent (Westborough, Mass.) scored her first career hat-trick Tuesday afternoon, as the Lancers tacked on seven goals in the second half to defeat Framingham State University by a score of 8-0 in Little East Conference (LEC) action Tuesday afternoon.
September 19, 2017
Maple Street Field
Score: Worcester State 8, Framingham State 0
Records: Worcester State (4-2, 3-0 LEC) | Framingham State (1-5, 0-4 LEC)
The Lancers broke the even score in the 27th minute when Alexa Bobbin (Richmond, R.I.) sent in a loose ball with an assist from Katelyn Santos (Acushnet, Mass.) to send the visitors into the break up 1-0.
The Lancers offense exploded for seven goals in the second half as Parent scored three back-to-back goals in the 41st, 43rd , and 53rd minute to expand the lead to four and complete the hat-trick. Worcester State's Hayley D'Auteuil (Sutton, Mass.) followed with another in the 55th minute on an assist from Hayley Sutherland (Tewksbury, Mass.). Sammi Souke (Sandwich, Mass.) tallied the sixth goal, while Sutherland and Lindsay Ryan (Northbridge, Mass.) recorded the final two goals of the game.
INSIDE THE NUMBERS
- The Lancers outshot the Rams 25-5 and were awarded 13 penalty corners to the Rams' 3.
- Bobbin, Souke and Ryan tallied their first collegiate goals in the win.
- Sutherland is currently 2-for-2 in penalty strokes.
- Kathryn Salemme (Boxborough, Mass.) earned the win in net for the Lancers before giving way to Jenna Jenkins (Westwood, Mass.).
- Haley Duggan (Framingham, Mass.) made eight stops in net for the Rams.
Worcester State travels to Anna Maria on Thursday (Sep. 21) for a non-conference tilt.